Thursday, September 18, 2008

And The Winner Is...

KAYLEE WALKER! Seen here with her PE teacher, Coach Watson. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the rollers in her hair, but whatever it was, she made student council again and we are breathing a sigh of relief around here. Sam and I knew how bad she wanted to make it, so when her teacher emailed me and told me that she won, I did a happy dance.

Her posters were cute. They said," Are you smarter than a 5th grader? Only if you vote for Kaylee" and "Don't be nerds, vote for Kaylee." The latter was decorated with nerd candy boxes. I was up at the school setting up for next week's book fair when the principal announced the winners at the end of the day. I already knew she won, but she didn't, so I went to her room and stood outside the door to watch her face as they announced her name. It was priceless! She saw me and jumped up and ran out the door and gave me a big hug. If only all her days could be this happy.

One quick story about her PE teacher: It was the first week of school. Coach Watson asked the class if anyone knew the difference between offense and defense. Kaylee raised her hand and very matter-of-factly replied, "Offense sells the tickets, defense wins the championships." There's no denying she's my kid!

No comments: