Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm a Moral Compass???

Yesterday I was on the phone with a good friend of mine. We have lots in common and she is always good for a laugh. During the middle of our conversation she asked for my advice on a situation she was in. After I told her that I agreed with the decision she made, she said, "Good! Because you're my moral compass." Don't worry, you're not hurting my feelings if you're reading this thinking my friend is going straight to hell with me as a moral compass. It was my first thought, too. After I hung up with her I couldn't get that conversation out of my mind. Never in a million years would I have thought that anyone, let alone my friend who is older and smarter with more life experience than me, perceive what I do as "the right thing" and make decisions accordingly. God used my friend to open my eyes. Not only are these precious kiddos watching every move I make... other people are, too. I remembered what I used to hear when I was in the youth group at church..."You're the only Jesus that some will ever see." What a scary thought that is. I need to do a much better job advertising, because someone is always watching.

No comments: